Solar Photovoltaics (PV)
A solar Photovoltaic (PV) system uses semiconductor cells to convert the suns energy into electricity. A PV system can be configured in a number of ways:
- Grid connected – where the PV cells are used to supplement the grid in providing power, or to supply power into the grid.
- Stand alone – where no grid connection exists, and the PV system is used to provide power.
Both grid-connected and stand alone can be coupled with other generation (such a wind, or a backup generator) and can utilise some energy storage to smooth and store power.
Suno can conduct complete PV systems design, including battery storage. Some keys components of PV design include:
- Load estimation and/or measurement
- Measurement/estimation of the solar resource (sunlight, intensity, peak sun hours)
- PV module sizing to meet system requirements
- Location and orientation of PV panels for optimal performance
- Shading analysis and module placement for maximum efficiency
- Economics, system performance and payback period
- Inverter, PV, battery and equipment sizing and selection
- Battery sizing and requirements
- Balance of plant
- Design documentation and drawings, system schematics, manuals and instructions
- After installation support and performance assessment, including any follow up advice on improving performance
Suno can arrange for installation to be carried out by industry professionals, with the process supervised by us to give you peace of mind.
For early projects, we are happy to provide a discount on our design services if you are happy to have your project featured on our website.