Pre-Feasibility Study for Solar Energy
A pre-feasibility is useful in determining a broad outline for the project and its aims, and often an important tool in costing and budgeting for a project.
A solar pre-feasibility study aims to determine the most appropriate site (out of a number of possible options), and advise on the most appropriate technology to achieve the project goals.
A solar pre-feasibility study will be desktop based and depending on project aims, may include the following scope;
- Identify project objectives and aims
- Evaluate the solar resource on the site(s) based on online data
- Determine the technical feasibility of the project and technology in meeting those aims – such as the requirements to generate a particular amount of energy, or whether simply to maximise the amount given other constraints like area
- Investigate the use of different solar technologies including a mix of different generation, and the use of energy storage
- Estimate budget costs and expected returns